Gripe Water Better Belly Elixir™
Soothing Relief of Colic, Upset Stomach, Gas & Hiccups*
$13.25 $5.00 OFF REBATE AVAILABLE
The perfect safe solution to help soothe your baby from colic symptoms.
Gentle Care is committed to providing mothers and caregivers the highest quality products for their infants. Manufactured in the USA with the finest ingredients, our baby products are meant to help foster the comfort, health and well being of your child.
Gentle Care has over 20 years of experience in manufacturing the highest quality GMP certified, all natural supplements for you and your little ones. Key ingredients like fennel, chamomile and ginger are natures way to provide relief from nausea and pain due to upset stomach, gas, hiccups, teething and colic and that is why they are used in our Gentle Care Gripe Water.
We know that all babies are different and while our formula works wonderfully for most, for some it may not work as well, so we offer a 100% satisfaction and money back guarantee just in case. Buy with confidence.
FREE TEMPORAL THERMOMETER INCLUDED!
Shake Well. Give the liquid slowly, by aiming at the side of the mouth inside the baby’s cheek.
In some cases, your baby may not immediately like the taste and may initially reject the liquid. In these instances, it is best to stop and re-administer the liquid at another time when the baby is calm. This allows the infant to gradually get used to the taste of the liquid.
Fennel Seed Extract
Keep this and all supplements out of reach of children. Do not exceed suggested use. For occasional use only. Always consult your healthcare provider prior to giving this or any supplement to an infant.
When is the right time to give Gripe Water?
Gripe Water should be given as needed and not as a preventive measure – after all, it works quickly! To avoid early allergic reactions, we suggest that you wait until your baby is two weeks old and over seven pounds before administering Gripe Water. For all other infants and children, give Gripe Water at the first signs of discomfort. Most babies get gassy after feeding, more often than not they will need the product after feedings. It is best to wait 30 minutes after a feeding to administer Gripe Water, to allow the food to digest. If it is given too soon after a feeding the baby may vomit because he or she may be too full or the ingredients may not mix well with the food that was just consumed. It is possible to use Gripe Water prior to feeding if a baby is not able to finish feeding due to gas. It is recommended to try using the product at different times to learn what works best for your baby.
Does it need to be refrigerated?
No, unlike many other Gripe Water products Gentle Care uses natural preservatives and does not need to be refrigerated.
How long is it good for?
Gentle Care Gripe Water has a two year expiration when stored at room temperature. However it is common and best practice to discard the product 8 weeks after opening due to the increase potential of bacteria to occur.
Is this safe to give to my baby and how will this help my baby have easier bowel movements?
The American Botanical Council, Commission E and the FDA have all Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) certain herbal ingredients such as Chamomile (and Lemon Balm used Baby Zzzz’s) to help soothe abdominal pain, sleep disorders and gastrointestinal spasms and inflammation. Ginger has been used for colic and nausea for centuries. Fennel has been known for its ability to reduce spasms and increase motility of the small intestine.
Why does Gentle Care Gripe Water NOT include Sodium Bicarbonate in our formula?
Because the FDA has banned most formulas containing Sodium Bicarbonate stating that it meets the FDA definition of a “new”, “unapproved” drug. Gentle Care’s goal is to give your baby the most natural, fast acting formula available and the safest. Our ingredients have been recognized by the FDA as Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS).
What is Gripe Water?
Gripe Water has been around for centuries in one formulation or another. Long ago the FDA labeled it as unsafe because many formulas contained alcohol. Gentle Care Gripe Water has never contained alcohol and was conceived as a natural alternative over a decade ago to provide relief to babies, children and even adults from the discomfort of colic, gas and hiccups. This gentle formula also contains Ginger and Fennel which have long been used to ease the symptoms of nausea, gas and colic.
Tips on how to give it to a baby?
• Always consult with your pediatrician before giving an infant liquid supplements and/or medications.
• Have your pediatrician show you how to administer liquid medication.
• Always use a calibrated dropper/dispenser like the one provided in the product packaging, or put the proper serving in an empty bottle. Do not mix it with any other liquid.
• Practice using the dropper with water prior to using it on an infant.
• Give the liquid slowly, by aiming at the side of the mouth inside the baby’s cheek. AVOID SQUIRTING AND DO NOT AIM STRAIGHT BACK TOWARD THE THROAT. This may choke or gag the infant.
• Make sure the baby is sitting upright, and turn his or her head slightly to the side.
• Give the serving a small amount at a time, allowing time in between each to prevent gagging or choking. If the infant appears to be gagging, stop administering the liquid immediately.
• In many cases, the infant may not immediately like the taste and may initially reject the liquid. In these instances, it is best to stop and re-administer the liquid at another time when the baby is calm. This allows the infant to gradually get used to the taste of the liquid.